Business Development Manager
Sales | Charlotte, NC
Business Development Managers are responsible for obtaining new sales and customers, and for managing relationships with assigned customers or partners for TelWare Corporation and its affiliates. These managers must have a thorough knowledge of their organization's products and services and need to be able to make targeted pitches for current and future clients. While Business Development Managers typically work in an office setting, they often travel to conduct meetings and demonstrations for clients. In addition to staying up to date on their organization's offerings, Business Development Managers must also stay up to date on innovations and trends in their field and how they might affect clients' operations and needs. Business Development Managers may be required to coach, mentor and/or train new hires or more junior employees as well. Business Development Managers must always follow procedures and guidelines established by TelWare Corporation.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with potential and existing clients. This includes regular constructive communication as a liaison of the company to facilitate answers related to sales, service, installation, and billing. It is the Business Development Manager’s duty to ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management, resolving any issues that may arise post-sale and alerting customers of new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Building and maintaining a network of sources from which to identify new sales leads.
- Identifying and understanding customer product or service needs to identify and suggest products and services to meet those needs. Business Development Managers may also demonstrate the functions and utility of products and services to customers based on their needs.
- Providing information, quotes, down payment terms, and other bid specifications to clients. This includes adhering to company pricing guides and following the prescribed approval process.
- Entering activity in Salesforce, ConnectWise, or other CRM and business software. It is important to follow all process and procedures to record sales activities including opportunities, calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems so the company can report, manage, and grow.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Business Development Managers are expected to project the values of TelWare by:
- Representing yourself and the company with the highest degree of morals and ethics.
- Contributing to sales growth, expense management, and total profit.
- Enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Performing all administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Assisting others in meeting their goals.
- Making positive suggestions for improvement.
- Fostering a team attitude.
- Providing support for broader company initiatives.
- Being accountable for the management of your business.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical products to be sold.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to undergo background and reference checks.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field OR equivalent experience.
- At least three years of relevant experience required, preferably in telecom, technology, managed services, VoIP, or related field.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required.