Field Support Technician II
Technical | Charlotte, NC
As a technology communications company, our Support team plays a strong role in helping TelWare achieve business goals and customer satisfaction. We are constantly seeking the next generation of experts to help us strive in the telecommunications industry. The VoIP Field Support Technician will configure, and facilitate the installation of equipment used for voice, video, and data transmission.
- Assist with troubleshooting/help desk to resolve support tickets escalated from Tier 1 Support including diagnosis of hardware and software issues.
- Travel to customer sites to further troubleshoot issues or replace equipment when necessary.
- System administration and programming.
- Provide remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Be responsible for system maintenance of network/internet/intranet hardware.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn and retain new information.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to lead initiatives as well as contribute as a team member.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Must b willing to commute and work in the Charlotte Area.
Education and Experience:
- General IT/ Telecom knowledge.
- Must have experience with paging systems and peripheral equipment, ie: amplifiers, speakers, horns, paging adaptors, etc.
- Must have experience with installing, tracing, testing, and terminating CAT 5E/6/6E and Coax cable.
- Must have experience with Tip & Ring. Must be able to locate, cross-connect, and test dial tone in phone systems and analog devices, i.e.: fax machines.
- Experience in Telecom/VoIP industry, IP Telephone System, Data Switch, and Router programming experience is desired.
- Working knowledge of the following telephony technologies is desired but not required: IP PBX, VOIP, SIP, PRI/DS1/DS3, IVR
- This position requires a passing score on the SSVVP® Certification test (course and associated tests will be supplied by TelWare and can be reviewed at the following weblink https://www.thesipschool.com/courses/view).
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on computers.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work on a ladder.
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.
871034 | Field Support Technician II