Field Support Technician
Field Support Technician
As a technology communications company, our Support team plays a strong role in helping TelWare achieve superior customer satisfaction. We are constantly seeking the next generation of experts to help us thrive in the telecommunications industry. The Field Support Technician position offers the opportunity to learn a variety of technology systems and telephony/networking skills, requires local and out-of-state travel, but allows time in the office for remote customer support and pre-installation work. If you like hands-on learning and problem solving, travel, working directly with customers, and being part of a great team, this position is for you.
- Install voice, data, CATV, and paging cabling.
- Install phone systems, telephones, SIP telephone lines, cell booster equipment, networking equipment, POS registers, PCs, and peripherals.
- Pre-build, configure, and test phone systems and SIP equipment prior to installation.
- Provide on-site and remote maintenance support for all installed products and cabling.
- Provide on-site assistance to customer’s networking team for various troubles and equipment upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This role is a hybrid of field and remote support for all services we provide.
- Local and out-of-state travel is required. We currently service locations in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.
- A company vehicle is provided for work purposes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to master new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong communications skills (email, phone, in-person).
- Must be willing to work long hours both in- and out-of-state.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
- Must be 21 years of age with valid driver’s license.
- Have voice and data cabling experience.
- Have telecom and paging installation and troubleshooting experience.
- Have call center experience.
- Have customer service experience.
- Have VoIP or networking experience.
Pay, Hours, etc.
- This is a full-time position. Normal workdays are Monday-Friday. Start times may vary if overnight/overtime hours were worked on the previous night. Second and third shift overtime hours are often required. Weekend work is sometimes required.
- This is NOT a remote position.
- TelWare Corporation offers a competitive compensation package including Health Insurance/Vision/ Dental, 401K, Vacation time, company vehicle and much more.
- TelWare is an equal opportunity employer.