Junior Support Technician
Technical | Charlotte, NC
TelWare is looking for tech-minded individuals for front-line support. This role will provide support services to clients with information technology-related issues including desktops, mobile devices, network services, and telephony equipment. Successful technicians deliver first-class customer service by answering customer calls and actively listening to their issues, building customer relations, troubleshooting and solving a variety of customer issues, and generating excitement for new solutions and products.
- Receive, manage, and assist with online and phone initiated technical issues and inquiries
- Research, respond to, and accurately resolve cases of moderate complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with team standards
- Evaluate, prioritize, and track support tickets – Escalate incidents to the appropriate team member when unable to resolve issues while monitoring full life cycle of ticket to ensure it is resolved
- Address issues coming in thru support line or ticket process such as:
- Password resets
- Printer issues
- Basic Windows support
- Phone system programming
- Network troubleshooting
- App assistance
- Installing and removing software
- Diagnosing Hardware and Software troubles
- VPN troubleshooting / assistance
- General admin such as managing clients in service/CRM software, maintaining logs and time for support tickets, and documenting hardware, networks, and equipment
- Work with proper teams to communicate ongoing problems and issue resolutions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to master new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Desire to learn and retain new information.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to lead initiatives as well as contribute as a team member.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Must be willing to commute and work in the Charlotte Area.
Education and Experience:
- General IT/Computer knowledge.
- Entry Level Networking experience a plus.
- Salesforce (or CRM) working knowledge a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science or related a plus.
- Customer Service experience a plus.
- This position requires a passing score on the SSCA® Certification test (course and associated tests will be supplied by TelWare and can be reviewed at the following web link https://www.thesipschool.com/courses/view)
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on computers.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.