Sales | Charlotte, NC
The Sales Engineer serves as a liaison in the sales process between sales teams, customers, and engineers.
- Consult with existing and potential clients to assess and understand equipment needs and systems requirements.
- Review technical specifications of quoted systems; confer with engineers to ensure that customer needs are met, which may include product modifications.
- Drafts of assists with the drafting of technical presentations, other documentation, and materials that explain products and services to customers and prospective customers.
- Provide expertise, train, and support to sales teams to communicate products, services, and client needs.
- Execute product demonstrations for prospects and clients which clearly show how our solutions can empower their businesses
- Recommend improved products to customers and explain benefits of changes.
- Provide support to customers and resolve problems with installed equipment.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange deliveries.
- Assist with research and development of new products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must pass required certifications within 90 days of employment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or record of equivalent experience.
- At least five years of relevant experience required, preferably in technology, managed services, VoIP, or related field.
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to undergo background and reference checks.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required.
UCaaS, Telephony, PBX, Cloud, Business Phone Systems, VoIP, Hosted Phone Systems, Conferencing, Structured Cabling, Infrastructure, Paging, White noise, Wound masking, Voice Over IP, SIP Trunks, Multi-site Solutions, IT Project Management, Telecom, 3CX, Comdial, Avaya, GenVox, OneCloud, Voice, Networking, Network Security, Cell booster, Telecom expense management, Consulting, Nortel, Vertical, Digium.