Telecom Technician II
Technical | Charlotte, NC
• Assist with troubleshooting/help desk to resolve support tickets escalated from Tier 1 Support including diagnosis of hardware and software issues.
• Travel to customer sites to further troubleshoot issues or replace equipment when necessary.
• System administration and programming.
• Provide remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
• Be responsible for system maintenance of network/internet/intranet hardware.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Desire to learn and retain new information.
• Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter, able to lead initiatives as well as contribute as a team member.
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Must be willing to commute and work in the Charlotte Area.
Education and Experience:
• General IT/ Telecom knowledge.
• Must have experience with paging systems and peripheral equipment, ie: amplifiers, speakers, horns, paging adaptors, etc.
• Must have experience with installing, tracing, testing, and terminating CAT 5E/6/6E and Coax cable.
• Must have experience with Tip & Ring. Must be able to locate, cross-connect and test dial tone in phone systems and analog devices, i.e. fax machines.
• Experience in Telecom/VoIP industry, IP Telephone System, Data Switch and Router programming experience is desired.
• Working knowledge of the following telephony technologies is desired but not required: IP PBX, VOIP, SIP, PRI/DS1/DS3, IVR.
• This position requires a passing score on the SSVVP® Certification test (course and associated tests will be supplied by TelWare and can be reviewed at the following weblink https://www.thesipschool.com/courses/view).
• Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on computers.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to climb and work on a ladder.
• May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.
Telephony, telephone, phone, telecom, voice, VoIP, and SIP