Telephony / Network Support II
Technical | Charlotte, NC
As a technology communications company, our Support team plays a strong role in helping TelWare achieve business goals and customer satisfaction. We are constantly seeking the next generation of experts to help us strive in the telecommunications industry. The VoIP Network Support II Technician will configure, and facilitate the installation of equipment used for voice, video, and data transmission.
- Provide remote and onsite support of IP telephony, network, and data systems, and manage the ongoing maintenance of those systems.
- Assist with troubleshooting support tickets escalated from Tier 1 Support including diagnosis of hardware and software issues.
- Phone system and network administration and programming.
- Participate in Telephone/Data system design meetings; work with Engineering, end-users, and other internal and external groups to understand the project requirements and meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn and retain new information
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to lead initiatives as well as contribute as a team member
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Must be willing to commute and work in the Charlotte Area
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a background check.
Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 3-5 years of networking experience.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and technologies including but not limited to VLAN, DHCP, NAT, DNS, SDN is desired.
- Working knowledge of the following Linux Operating Systems is desired but not required: Debian, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Working knowledge of virtual machines including but not limited to, VMware, VirtualBox, and HyperV is desired.
- Experience in the Telecom industry preferred. IP Telephony, Data Switch, and Router programming experience is desired
- Working knowledge of the following telephony technologies is desired but not required: SIP, Avaya IP Office, 3CX
- Must become certified on company provided tests/exams on IP and Telephony/Data systems.
- This position requires the Networking 4 VVoIP Certification. (Applicable course and associated tests will be provided by TelWare)
- This position requires the SSVVP® Certification. (Applicable course and associated tests will be provided by TelWare and can be reviewed at the following weblink https://www.thesipschool.com/courses/view).
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on computers.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work aloft.
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.
871035 | Telephony / Network Support II