Technical | Charlotte, NC
The Sales Engineer serves as a liaison in the sales process between sales teams, customers, and engineers.
- Consult with existing and potential clients to assess and understand equipment needs and systems requirements.
- Review technical specifications of quoted systems; confer with engineers to ensure that customer needs are met, which may include product modifications.
- Drafts or assists with the drafting of technical presentations, other documentation, and materials that explain products and services to customers and prospective customers.
- Provide expertise and support to sales teams to communicate products, services, and client needs.
- Recommend improved products to customers and explain the benefits of changes.
- Provide support to customers and resolve problems with installed equipment.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange deliveries.
- Assist with research and development of new products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or record of equivalent experience.
- At least five years of relevant experience required, preferably in technology, managed services, VoIP, or related field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to undergo background and reference checks.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required.