Telephony / Voice Support II
Technical | Charlotte, NC
As a technology communications company, our Support team plays a strong role in helping TelWare achieve business goals and customer satisfaction. We are constantly seeking the next generation of experts to help us strive in the telecommunications industry. The Telephony / Voice Support II Technician will configure, and facilitate the installation of equipment used for voice, video, and data transmission.
- Provide remote and onsite support of IP telephony, network, and data systems, and manage the ongoing maintenance of those systems.
- Assist with troubleshooting support tickets escalated from Tier 1 Support including diagnosis of hardware and software issues.
- Phone system and network administration and programming.
- Participate in Telephone/Data system design meetings; work with Engineering, end users, and other internal and external groups to understand the project requirements and meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn and retain new information
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to lead initiatives as well as contribute as a team member
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Must be willing to commute and work in the Charlotte Area
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass a background check.
Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 3-5 years networking experience.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and technologies including but not limited to VLAN, DHCP, NAT, DNS, SDN is desired.
- Working knowledge of the following Linux Operating Systems is desired but not required: Debian, CentOS, and Ubuntu.
- Working knowledge of virtual machines including but not limited to, VMware, VirtualBox and HyperV is desired.
- Experience in the Telecom industry preferred. IP Telephony, Data Switch and Router programming experience is desired
- Working knowledge of the following telephony technologies is desired but not required: SIP, Avaya IP Office, 3CX
- Must become certified on company provided tests/exams on IP and Telephony/Data systems.
- This position requires the Networking 4 VVoIP Certification. (Applicable course and associated tests will be provided by TelWare)
- This position requires the SSVVP® Certification. (Applicable course and associated tests will be provided by TelWare and can be reviewed at the following weblink https://www.thesipschool.com/courses/view).
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on computers.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work aloft.
- May be required to work on-call or long hours in case of network malfunction.
Telephony, telephone, phone, telecom, voice, VoIP, and SIP