Using the 3CX Android App
3CX: Using the 3CX Android App
The 3CX smartphone app for Android allows you to seamlessly take your office communications with you wherever you go. Access the company phonebook, make calls, send chat messages, and more from the palm of your hand. There’s no need to use your personal mobile plan for business calls anymore.
Setting Up Your Extension
- Install the app from the Google Play Store.
- Allow 3CX to access the camera so you can provision your extension via QR code.
- Scan the QR code from your Welcome Email (or open the attached provisioning file.)
- Continue to make a test call to the “Echo service” so that you can grant the app the required permissions.
- Give authorization, make the call and you’re all set!
Placing a Call with the 3CX Android App
Making a call with the Android app is quick and easy. In “Contacts” search by name, number, or email address, click the phone icon next to the contact, and hey presto. You’re now using your office phone system from your smartphone.
Once you’re in a call, you can seamlessly perform a number of actions, including:
- “Transfer” will give you the option to “Blind Transfer” without the need for you to speak to the receiver, or “Attended Transfer” will transfer the call after you first speak to the receiver to see if they accept the call.
- “Conference” allows you to create an ad hoc conference call, adding more participants to join the conversation.
- “Rec” allows you to record your conversation.
- “Video” add a video to your call for face-to-face communication.
Effortlessly Schedule a Conference Call
Swipe right or press the menu icon to open the sidebar menu to find the Conference option. Here you can easily set up a conference call and invite participants from your contacts or by email.