The built-in “Chat” function enables you to send and receive messages to colleagues and web visitors if you have configured the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin on your website.
1. Log into your Web Client.
2. Click Chat (or the chat icon) on the left side menu.
Note: The blue number indicates the number of unread chats.
3. The Web Client will now display your chat history.
Note: The blue number indicates the number of unread messages.
4. Click the chat you would like to interact with or press the compose chat icon to start a new chat.
Chat Actions #
Select the Menu icon next to a chat to perform an action.
Note: Some options are only available when using the Integrated Website Chat.
- “Transfer” the discussion to another user.
- “End chat session” with a website visitor.
- “Archive” moves a conversation to your archives folder without deleting it.
- “Delete” the selected chat discussion and confirm to remove.
- “Block anonymous user” – select the time period and reason to block the user’s IP for calls and messages.
Chat Settings #
Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Chat Settings” to configure:
- “Notifications” – select to show chat toaster and/or web notifications
- “Play chat notification” – enable and select a personalized notification sound.
- “Block Users” – select users or extensions to block from messaging you.
Chatting from the People Screen #
From the People screen, press the chat icon next to a user you wish to instant message.