The built-in “Chat” function enables you to send and receive messages to colleagues and web visitors if you have configured the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin on your website.
1. Chat Actions – Right-click a chat to select a menu action to:
- “Transfer” the discussion to another user.
- “End chat session” with the website visitor.
- “Archive” moves a conversation to your archives folder without deleting it.
- “Delete” the selected chat discussion and confirm to remove.
- “Block anonymous user” – select the time period and reason to block the user’s IP for calls and messages.
2. Incoming Chat Toaster – quickly view incoming chats and click to “Reply” or “Ignore”.
3. Send Images & Files – drag-and-drop or select and send:
- Documents: Acrobat (PDF), MS Office (DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX), plain and rich text (TXT, RTF).
- Images: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, WEBP, TIFF, and HEIF.
Chat & Call with Website Visitors #
If you have the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin configured on your site, you can use the “Chat” function to converse or even call your website visitors:
Chat Settings #
Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Chat Settings” to configure:
- “Notifications” – select to show chat toaster and/or web notifications
- “Play chat notification” – enable and select a personalized notification sound.
- “Block Users” – select users or extensions to block from messaging you.