This article explains how to add users, devices, or both to a queue.
Traditionally, queues were populated by devices, thus allowing for hot-desking scenarios. Beginning in v42, you may add devices or specific users to your queue, expanding the options available to your call center.
Differences between adding a user and adding a device.
- Device — calls will only ring the specific number associated with the device.
- User — calls will follow the user’s answering rules, making it possible to ring all of the user’s phones (depending on how the rules are set).
- OneCloud v42 or higher (for Users)
- Call Center Supervisor scope or higher
To Manage Users #
To manage a queue, log into the Portal.
1. Navigate to Call Center in the top navigation bar.
2. Find the Queue you’d like to add users or devices to and click on the Edit Agents icon to its left.
3. Click the Add Agent button.
3. From the Add Agent screen, you will be given an option between User and Device in the drop-down menu.
4. Choose between User and Phone
5. Fill out the rest of the configuration.
6. Click Save Agent.
7. This will add the User or Phone to the queue.