Receiving a Fax #
Incoming faxes will be sent to the email address(es) provided to TelWare at the time of activation. To make any updates to the receiving email address(es), please reach out to our Support Team.
Note: Switching to Fax to Email does not change the manner in which other parties send you faxes.
Sending a Fax #
The email address provided to TelWare at the time of activation will be able to send faxes using the following instructions:
1. Open your email client to draft an email.
2. In the “To” field, type “##########@mysecurefax.com” where ########## is the 10-digit destination number that you wish to fax.
3. Attach one document to the email. Valid attachment types are PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, TIF, and TIFF. You may only have one attachment per fax email but that document can be multiple pages. We recommend that you limit your file name for your attachment to 32 characters as anything greater may result in a fax failure with the error type: “File_Error.”
Note: it is not necessary to include a subject or body, as these fields are ignored.
4. Send the email.
5. After sending the fax, you will receive a message in your email inbox stating that your attempt has been queued.
6. Afterward, you will receive another message that will notify you if the fax is completed or failed.
Note: The fax will automatically attempt up to 3 times to send a failed fax. Please allow these multiple attempts to be complete before reaching out to support.